By Dennis Peprah
Wenchi, (Bono), Aug. 29, GNA – Miss Gloria Opoku Gyamfi, the Wenchi Municipal Chief Executive in the Bono Region has appealed for humanitarian aid, as hundreds of people flee their homes in the Savannah Region to the Municipality for refuge.
She said as Wednesday, August 27, 2025, about 650 residents had fled their homes and arrived at Subinso Number Two in the Municipality for shelter following the ethnic clashes which erupted at Gbinyiri in the Sawla/Tuna/Kalba District of the Savannah Region.
Reports indicate that the clash erupted on Sunday August 24, 2025 over a disputed piece of land and had since claimed about 10 lives and left several injured.


Speaking in an interview with the media at Wenchi, Ms Gyamfi said the assembly required the assistance urgently to tackle the immediate needs and alleviate the sufferings of the conflict- affected population.
She said many of them were children and women who required food and clothing as well as some life necessities, and called on development partners, philanthropic organisations and individuals, corporate and religious bodies and NGOs and wealthy people to come to their aid.
Ms Gyamfi said with the support from some traditional authorities, the affected people had been sheltered with 24-hour police security, and urged the residents in the area to remain calm.
Nonetheless, she said the people also required tents, blankets, detergents and other consumables, describing the clash as unfortunate.
GNA
Edited by Christian Akorlie