Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using Our Service.
1. Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- “Account” means a unique user account created for You to access our news Service or parts of our Service.
- “Agency” (referred to as either “the Agency”, GNA, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to the Ghana News Agency.
- “Country” refers to Ghana.
- “Content” refers to content such as text, images, videos or other information that can be posted, uploaded, linked to or otherwise made available by You, regardless of the form of that content.
- “Device” means any device that can access the news Service such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
- “Feedback” means feedback, innovations or suggestions sent by You regarding the attributes, performance or features of our Service.
- “Service” refers to the GNA Website and its content.
- “Third-party Social Media Service” means any services or content (including data, information, products or services) provided by a third-party that may be displayed, included or made available by the Service.
- “Website” refers to Ghana News Agency, accessible from https://www.gna.org.gh
- “You” means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the Agency, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
3. Intellectual Property; Copyright
- All the materials on the Service — the text, photographs, video, audio, graphics, metadata, quotes, data, information, the overall “look and feel,” and all protectable intellectual property (collectively, the “Content”) – is the property of Ghana News Agency or, in some cases, its licensors.
- The Service and Content are protected by copyrights, trademarks, design rights, patents, trade secrets, database rights, sui generis rights, and other intellectual or proprietary rights under Ghana and international laws. You agree that all intellectual property rights in the Service and the Content (in whole and in part) are and shall remain the property of Ghana News Agency and the Ghana News Agency group affiliates and/or our licensors. No intellectual property rights in the Content or in the Service are transferred to you.
4. Restrictions on Use
THE SERVICE AND THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED BY GHANA NEWS AGENCY AND ITS LICENSORS TO YOU FOR YOUR PERSONAL USE AND INFORMATION ONLY. YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICE OR THE CONTENT FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE.
- You promise that you are accessing, using, and/or registering to the Service in your personal, individual capacity (except, if applicable, where your access falls under a group subscription agreement.
- You may not remove, alter, forward, scrape, copy, sell, distribute, retransmit, create derivative works or otherwise make available the Content to third parties without our prior written consent (except as occasionally permitted by certain sharing features in the Service that explicitly allow you to share Content or links to Content with a few other individuals).
- You may not reverse engineer, circumvent, decrypt, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discern the source code or architecture of any feature or component of the Service.
- You may not cache or archive the Content (except for a public search engine’s use of spiders for creating search indices).
- Except for the limited license described herein, you are not conferred any right in the Content or in the Service, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, under copyright or other intellectual property laws, either now or in the future.
- Without prejudice to the other provisions under these Terms, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access and/or use if you breach any of the provisions.
5. User-Generated Material
- The Service may have certain features that allow you or other users to comment on, discuss, upload, submit, link to, or otherwise provide content (e.g., information, graphics, videos, images). We’ll refer to that material collectively as “User Material”. User Material is subject to these Terms as well as any additional guidelines or rules that are posted on the parts of the Service where you can provide User Material.
- You agree that you will not provide any User Material that:
- violates anyone’s copyright, trademark or other proprietary right;
- contains any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services, or any spam or other form of unsolicited communication;
- is abusive, illegal, defamatory, indecent, obscene, pornographic, offensive, discriminatory (e.g., on the basis of race, nationality, religion, nationality, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, region, or disability), or threatening in any way;
- encourages anyone to break the law;
- interferes with the privacy of another user;
- contains malware, viruses, spyware, or other software, files, or code designed that could interrupt, destroy, limit, or otherwise harm the Service;
- misrepresents your identity, affiliation, or status, or otherwise contains false or misleading statements with an intent to defraud;
- collects or stores other users’ personal data;
- uses automated means to upload, submit, or post content;
- gives rise to any liability or violates any applicable local, state, federal, national or international law or regulation.
- By posting User Material, you agree that you are legally permitted to upload, submit, or post that User Material. You also agree that you are legally and financially responsible for any claims against us by any third party relating to your User Material or your posting of it.
- You agree that by uploading, submitting, or posting User Material, we have a right unlimited in time to publish, re-use, archive, edit, display, modify, delete, or commercially exploit that User Material in whole or in part as we see fit, whether on the Service or otherwise, without any requirement to pay you or to credit you. In other words, by posting User Material you are granting us a non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, fully paid-up, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to use your User Material in any manner and for any purpose whatsoever. You also irrevocably waive any “moral rights” or other attribution or authorship rights you may have in the User Material. We do not have an obligation to store User Material for any period of time, and we may remove or delete any User Material for any reason, at any time and without giving you notice.
6. Third Party Sites and Services
The Service may include content created by third parties, including advertisers, sponsors, or other users. We may also link to, reference, or promote websites, applications and/or services from third parties.
We do not guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions given by such third parties. We are not responsible for, and do not control such non-Ghana News Agency websites, applications, products, or services. Any dealings you have with any third party—including advertisers or sponsors—are solely between you and that third party.
7. Other Ghana News Agency Services
Other Ghana News Agency-related entities may discuss, offer, or promote additional services on the Service. Those services may be outside the scope of these Terms and may require a separate agreement with the appropriate Ghana News Agency entity.
8. Limitations of Our Service and Content
- The Service and Content are provided for informational purposes only. You understand that the Content on the Service does not constitute any form of tax, legal, or investment advice or opinion regarding the suitability, value or profitability of any particular security, portfolio or investment strategy. The mention of a particular security on the Service does not constitute a recommendation for you to buy, sell, refrain from buying, or hold that or any other security, financial product, or investment.
- We and our licensors are not liable for any errors, inaccuracies, or delays in the Service or any Content, or for any actions taken by you in reliance on the Service or Content. You agree that your use of the Service or the Content is at your sole risk.
- We do not provide any promises or warranties about the Service or the Content, which are provided to you on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We do not make any promises about the Service or the Content, or of the quality, completeness, or accuracy of the Content available on or linked to from the Service. In other words, we disclaim all responsibility for any loss, injury claim, liability, or damage of any kind resulting or related to your access, use, or the unavailability of the Service (or any part thereof).
9. Our Financial Responsibility to You
To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, we will not be liable—jointly or severally—for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental, punitive, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to lost profits, lost savings, and lost revenues, whether in negligence, tort, contract, or any other theory of liability, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages or could have foreseen any such damages. The limitations of liability in these Terms shall apply for the benefit of our officers, directors, employees, agents, or any company to whom we may transfer our rights and obligations to in accordance with these Terms.
10. Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms shall (to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law) be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ghana, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you hereby agree that any disputes arising under or in connection with these Terms or the Service shall be submitted for resolution first through the National Media Commission and you hereby waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
- These Terms contain the entire agreement between us regarding your use of the Service and supersedes all previous agreements (if any).
- If a court or other valid authority determines that any provision of the Terms is void, invalid, unenforceable, or illegal, such provision(s) will be ineffective only to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions will remain and not otherwise be affected.
- If we do not enforce any provision of the Terms, that will not constitute or be construed as a waiver of such a provision or our right to enforce it.
- The United National Convention on the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to the Terms, the Service, or any Content.
We reserve the right, at Our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material We will make reasonable efforts to provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at Our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use Our Service after those revisions become effective, You agree to be bound by the revised terms. If You do not agree to the new terms, in whole or in part, please stop using the website and the Service.
July 13, 2022