By Simon Asare, GNA
Accra, Aug. 19, GNA – Ghana Premier League side Accra Hearts of Oak have confirmed that world football’s governing body, FIFA, has lifted transfer restrictions imposed on the club, after settling outstanding financial obligation owed to former coach Rene Hiddink.
In a statement, the club said FIFA had officially informed Hearts of Oak that the matter had been closed following the full payment of the amount due to Hiddink.
“The closure follows the full settlement of the amount due to Mr. Hiddink, which has been duly confirmed by him,” the club said.
The club said it was pleased that the dispute had been resolved and reiterated that it had acted “in good faith throughout the process” while seeking an amicable settlement.
Hearts of Oak urged supporters and stakeholders to remain calm and consider the issue concluded, while thanking fans for their patience and continued support during the process.
The lifting of the restrictions clears the way for Hearts of Oak to register players for the upcoming football season.
GNA
Edited by Kenneth Odeng Adade
Reporter: Simon Asare
[email protected]