Akatsi South selected for solar home systems programme 

By Agbaxode Emmanuel, GNA  

Akatsi (VR), Aug. 19, GNA – The Akatsi South Municipality has been selected to benefit from a government Solar Home Systems Programme.  

The project is aimed at providing electricity access to households, health facilities and small businesses in unelectrified communities.  

Mr Daniel Dagba, the Municipal Chief Executive for Akatsi South, gave the hint in an interview with the Ghana News Agency (GNA) in Akatsi.  

He explained that Ministry officials and field officers would be in the Municipality from Wednesday, August 19 to Friday, August 28, 2026, to sensitise stakeholders and scope for potential beneficiary locations.  

He said Assembly Members had been requested to meet the Ministry’s field officers at 0800 hours on the designated day to assist in identifying accessible communities without electricity within their electoral areas.  

Mr Dagba said the exercise would specifically be scoped for households, Community-based Health Planning and Services (CHPS) compounds and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) located in the unelectrified communities.  

He said eligible beneficiaries would be able to acquire the Solar Home Systems at GH¢3,800, representing a 70 per cent subsidy, with each system equipped with a television, radio, torch, five lighting bulbs and a phone-charging unit.  

The MCE urged Assembly Members, chiefs, opinion leaders and residents to cooperate with the field officers and provide accurate information on unelectrified communities to facilitate the exercise.  

Akatsi South is among the 18 Districts in the Volta Region targeted under the Government’s Rural Electricity Acceleration and Urban Intensification Initiative (REIP), which seeks to extend electricity supply to 206 beneficiary communities.  

The other beneficiary areas are Adaklu, Afadzato South, Agotime-Ziope, Akatsi North, Anloga, Central Tongu, Ho, Ho West, Hohoe, Keta, Ketu North, Ketu South, Kpando, North Dayi, North Tongu, South Dayi and South Tongu.  

The Ministry said the broader electrification project would be completed within six months, with Byes and Ways Limited serving as the main contractor.  

As part of preparations for the project, the Ministry would hold a formal launch and site handover ceremony at the forecourt of the Volta Regional Coordinating Council in Ho on Friday, August 21, at 0900 hours.  

The event is intended to sensitise stakeholders, create public awareness, clarify the roles of relevant stakeholders and outline the project’s implementation arrangements.  

The Ministry has called on Municipal and District Chief Executives, chiefs, opinion leaders and other relevant stakeholders to support the sensitisation and coordination of activities relating to the project.  

GNA  

Edited by Maxwell Awumah/Benjamin Mensah   

Reporter: Agbaxode Emmanuel 
[email protected]   

escortwex.com https://milliol.com HD sex HD порно xxx video birkerhane.com batumifox.org escortfox.mobi Dubai Escorts nusaybin.mobi Mardin Escort nusaybin.mobi