Abandoned Ketsi Basic School project resumes following GNA reportage intervention

By Daniel Agbesi Latsu, GNA  

Kadjebi (O/R), May 20, GNA – A Ghana News Agency (GNA) story highlighting the abandonment of a classroom block project at Ketsi M/A Basic School in the Jasikan Municipality has yielded positive results, with work now nearing completion. 

The earlier GNA report, captioned “Help complete abandoned Ketsi M/A Basic School classroom block-Assemblyman,” published on January 13, 2025, drew attention to the difficulties faced by pupils and teachers due to the stalled project. 

The six-unit classroom block project, which commenced in 2018 with funding support from the Ghana Education Trust Fund (GETFund), had remained abandoned for years, compelling learners to study under difficult conditions. 

Mr Kennedy Akoto, Assemblyman for the Nsuta East Electoral Area, told the GNA in a telephone interview that construction works had resumed following the publication of the story. 

He expressed profound appreciation to the GNA for bringing national attention to the plight of the school and helping to prompt intervention by the Jasikan Municipal Assembly. 

Mr Akoto said the Assembly earlier this year dispatched engineers to assess the state of the project and subsequently directed the contractor to return to site to complete the work. 

According to him, the intervention had renewed hope among residents, parents, teachers, and pupils, who had long appealed for the completion of the facility to improve teaching and learning in the community. 

Some residents of Ketsi who spoke to the GNA commended the Municipal Assembly and the GNA for their respective roles in ensuring the continuation of the project. 

They expressed optimism that the completion of the classroom block would help create a conducive learning environment for pupils and enhance educational delivery in the area. 

GNA 

Edited by Maxwell Awumah /Kenneth Odeng Adade