Iran says 3,375 killed in Israeli-US bombardments

Tehran, April 20, (dpa/GNA) – At least 3,375 people have been killed in Israeli and US bombardments in Iran, according to official figures given by the country’s forensics chief.

Abbas Masjedi Arani, head of Iran’s forensic medicine organization, said the figure represented confirmed fatalities, the Jamaran news portal reported on Monday.

According to the head of the Legal Medicine Organization, the dead include 496 women and 383 children and minors. The highest number of casualties was recorded in the capital Tehran, as well as in Isfahan and the coastal province of Hormozgan Province.

Activists had already reported more than 3,000 deaths weeks ago, based on their own counts.

The Norway-based human rights group Hengaw recently said at least 7,650 people had been killed, including 1,030 civilians, since the airstrikes on Iran began on February 28. A two-week ceasefire has been in effect since April 8.

The casualty figures cannot be independently verified.
GNA