GNFS clarifies viral video on Fire Service personnel allegedly assaulting civilian

By Samira Larbie, GNA

Accra, Jan 05, GNA-The Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) says it has taken notice of a video going viral on social media showing some yet-to-be-identified Fire Service personnel assaulting a civilian, yet to be identified.

The incident which occurred on Sunday at the Kasoa New Market fire scene, saw fire service personnel brutally assaulting some civilians, including a journalist.

The Service, in a statement issued in Accra by Divisional Officer II, Desmond Ackah, the Head of Public Relations, and copied to the Ghana News Agency, said it had confirmed that the alleged assault of a journalist was under police investigation, and that GNFS would fully cooperate to establish the facts.

According to the Service, the video captures an altercation between firefighters and a suspected thief, who had earlier attacked firefighters along with a group of accomplices at the fire scene.

It said the Service had constituted a committee to investigate the incident thoroughly and establish all relevant facts.

The statement said while the GNFS condemns attacks on its personnel, it equally frowns upon any form of physical or verbal assault on civilians by its personnel, regardless of the level of provocation.

The Ghana National Fire Service, therefore, urged the public to remain calm and exercise restraint while the investigations continue.

It said the GNFS remained committed to professionalism, accountability, and transparency in the discharge of its mandate and would continue to cooperate with the media and relevant authorities to ensure accurate public information.

The Kasoa New Market fire outbreak, which began around 1600 on Sunday was completely extinguished as of 1000 hours, on Monday morning.

The fire destroyed an unspecified number of metallic and wooden stalls, and their contents, mainly food items.

Through the swift and professional efforts of GNFS personnel, thousands of stalls were salvaged, preventing a massive loss
No casualty was recorded.

Meanwhile, fire tenders from Kasoa and Swedru remain on standby at the scene to address any possible re-ignition as the cause of the fire is under investigation.

GNA
05 Jan. 2026
Edited by Samuel Osei-Frempong

escortwex.com https://milliol.com HD sex HD порно xxx video birkerhane.com batumifox.org escortfox.mobi Dubai Escorts nusaybin.mobi Mardin Escort nusaybin.mobi