Magdeburg, Germany, Feb 7, (dpa/GNA) – The car-ramming attack at a Christmas market in the German city of Magdeburg in December left 86 people seriously injured, a representative from the victims’ commission said on Thursday.
So far, 1,299 people affected by the attack have made themselves known to authorities, Roland Weber told a committee meeting in the state parliament of Saxony-Anhalt.
They include people who lost relatives as a result of the attack or were injured themselves, as well as emergency workers and eyewitnesses, Weber said, adding that the majority of them have been informed about support options.
On December 20, a 50-year-old man from Saudi Arabia ploughed a car into crowds attending a Christmas market in Magdeburg, killing six people and injuring around 300.
The state parliament has set up a parliamentary committee of inquiry, which met for the first time on Thursday.
GNA